- Your numerology cycles April 16–30
- Disney wildlife times two, a blast at American politics and...
- Your numerology cycles April 1–15
- More streaming ideas take you to Brazil, low-life China and...
- Movie theatres are shut down, so what’s streaming?
- Your numerology cycles March 16–31
- Three women lead off a long line-up of new movies in town
- Pixar’s new one, Onward, new laughs from Greed and a new...
- Your numerology cycles March 1–15
- Ordinary Love, superb, three superior Canadian films and...
If the Crowd Asked for it, Colbert Did It
“We are flying by the seat of our pants here people, if I f**k up, forgive me," Stephen Colbert told an appreciative crowd gathered for a second day of filming of the Colbert Report early this morning.
Colbert whipped through a series of interviews with Vancouver South MP Ujjal Dosanjh, then US freestyle ariael skiers, Ryan St. Onge and Jeret 'Speedy' Peterson.
This was followed by a talk with recent gold medal winner Seth Wescott, who claimed the Olympic title for the second time in Snowboard Cross. Stephen could not help but parade across the stage in the medal himself while toting a Burton snowboard made especially for him with his image on it. Of course, the crowd loved it.
“It was a mob mentality,” commented one spectator, describing the relationship Stephen Colbert had with his audience. “If the crowd chanted it, Stephen did it.” This included everything from 'Ride the Moose!' to 'Don't get hurt!' when Stephen almost fell off the life-size, stuffed moose while closing the show.
The crowd gathered to watch the show.
Stephen attempts to ride the moose.
Closing the show the Canadian way.