- Your numerology cycles April 16–30
- Disney wildlife times two, a blast at American politics and...
- Your numerology cycles April 1–15
- More streaming ideas take you to Brazil, low-life China and...
- Movie theatres are shut down, so what’s streaming?
- Your numerology cycles March 16–31
- Three women lead off a long line-up of new movies in town
- Pixar’s new one, Onward, new laughs from Greed and a new...
- Your numerology cycles March 1–15
- Ordinary Love, superb, three superior Canadian films and...
The Warmest City to Host the Winter Olympics Gets Snow in March
At the beginning of the year, Vancouver experienced its warmest January since 1937. So it came as no surprise that when the 2010 Winter Games arrived, officials were scrambling to find snow and create acceptable competition conditions for the athletes. They brought in truckloads of the white stuff and in the end, the Games were a one of a kind experience.
It would seem that mother nature has an ironic sense of humour. After being the warmest city to ever host the Winter Olympics, places like Grouse Mountain received 42 cms of new snow over the past two days. Perhaps there is still a ski season for some of us yet.
The streets of Vancouver covered in snow on Thursday morning.