2. Copyright. The content on this site is protected by intellectual property laws, including Canadian and U.S. copyright laws. You are hereby granted a non-exclusive license to use the material at this site ("Content") while connected to this site (including, where available, to email individual stories to friends directly from this site). You are also granted a limited license to print one copy of any Content posted at the site, but only for your personal use. Except as expressly provided above, all rights are reserved. Except to the extent required for the limited purpose of reviewing material on our site, electronic reproduction, adaptation, distribution, performance or display is prohibited. Changes to or deletion of author attribution or copyright notices are prohibited. Commercial use of any of the Content is prohibited. Use of any of our trademarks as metatags on other web sites is prohibited. "Scraping," indexing, and caching are all prohibited. You may not display this website in frames (or any of the Content via in-line links) without our express written permission, which may be requested by contacting us through our feedback form. You may, however, establish ordinary links to our site without our written permission.
3. Links. We may provide links from our site to other sites as a convenience to our visitors. We usually have no control over linked sites and make no representations about any content or material available at these locations. Links do not imply adoption, sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement.
4. Discussion Boards and other self-publishing third-party products. Although we do not have any obligation to monitor these services, or this self-published content, we reserve the right at all times to remove any information or materials that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable to us in our sole discretion and to disclose any information to preserve our interests or to satisfy law, regulation, or government request. We reserve the right to permanently block any user who violates these terms and conditions, in our judgement.
7. RSS Feeds – By downloading the information through an RSS Feed, you agree you will only do so for personal use or in conjunction with a non-commercial website (a website that generates no revenue). For use in conjunction with a commercial website, please contact us and obtain our written permission. If the RSS Feed information is posted on your website, prominent attribution must be made to nationalobserver.com or vancouverobserver.com including a link to the relevant home page.
8. Your Contribution
If you contribute content or comment to this site you:
- warrant that you are the author or otherwise have obtained sufficient copyright or copyright license for the contribution or assured yourself that it is in the public domain, such that you can grant the licence below,
- grant a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual licence to us to use the content by any means of dissemination or archival retrieval, known or yet to be invented,
- waive your claims based upon moral rights in the absence of malicious intent on our part,
- warrant that factual statements and implications are true and opinions honestly held (making a reasonable allowance for reader recognition of sarcasm, parody, exaggeration and similar devices), and
- warrant that the content is not threatening, abusive, libelous, obscene, pornographic, profane, indecent, criminal, breach of confidence, infringement of Trade-mark, discriminatory or otherwise unlawful under any applicable private or public law.
9. Choice of Law
10. Arbitration and Waiver of Class Action
For greater certainty, and as a separate agreement, both you and we agree to waive any right you or we may have to commence or participate in any class action against us (or you) and, where applicable, you and we hereby agree to opt out of any class proceeding otherwise commenced.
At the VancouverObserver.com we respect our readership and value personal privacy. We understand the nature of the information given to us and value the importance of protecting this information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
All personal information submitted to the VancouverObserver.com is kept confidential as described below and normally only viewed by the VancouverObserver team. It is not sold or related to any other organization or company without prior consent.
We do not disclose Personal Information to others, without first, attempting to notify you.
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information.
Despite our best efforts, a data breach is possible. In the event of a data breach coming to our attention, whether or not through our fault, we will immediately notify all persons whose Personal Information has been or may have been inappropriately hacked or disclosed, we will minimize the breach and we will take steps to minimize foreseeable damage in the circumstances. We will keep those potentially affected abreast of our investigation and steps to mitigate damage.
The policy may be revised or updated at any time and we encourage you to check back often to ensure that you are familiar with the most recent version and the terms of our policy.